Mold and Asbestos Removal
What is Asbestos? And When Do I Need Asbestos Testing?
Many older homes and commercial buildings contain asbestos, which was used in a variety of building materials until the early 1980s. Asbestos was used in over 3,000 building materials and consumer products due to its strength and insulation qualities. Common asbestos containing materials (ACM) include acoustic and textured wall and ceiling treatments (such as popcorn ceilings), floor tiles, sheet vinyl flooring, drywall materials, plaster, stucco, roofing, and pipe and tank insulation.
Most asbestos issues occur after damage to the material during an event such as a fire, flood, or earthquake; or during a remodel. When a building material is suspected to contain asbestos, state and federal laws require that building owners or contractors must have the suspect materials tested for asbestos and lead paint.
What Can We Do to Help Prevent Asbestos Exposure?
Asbestos exposure needs to be prevented at all costs. Whether the asbestos is found in a commercial or a residential building, steps should be taken to ensure that the inhabitants are protected from getting exposed to its fibers. To ensure this, the owners of the homes or offices must regulate and maintain the levels of asbestos in their respective spaces. Moreover, it is also necessary that a controlled work environment is established wherein the asbestos fibers are contained and don’t pose a threat to the employees.
The best way to deal with this issue, however, is to invest in asbestos removal. It is the only sure-fire method of preventing asbestos exposure. If you suspect asbestos contamination in your home or commercial building, please do not hesitate to call Bibi Remodeling Inc., your #1 choice for asbestos abatement and hazardous waste removal in Southern California.
What Are The Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure?
Asbestos exposure in little amounts is not life threatening. You won’t even experience any serious sickness or illness if you have been exposed to low levels of asbestos. However, do remember that any prolonged exposure to asbestos containing materials can be hazardous to your health. For instance, a form of cancer by the name of mesothelioma is caused if you have been exposed to asbestos for a long period of time. This type of lung cancer is very rare and can prove to be fatal. So, to ensure that safety of yourself and your family, make sure that you contact Bibi Construction Inc., and have asbestos removed from your home as soon as possible!
What is Mold? Where is it Most Commonly Found in The Home?
Mold is the name given to a class of fungi. They are found abundantly in nature and are usually beneficial for downgrading organic matter. However, when they find residence in buildings and homes, they become a potential health hazard. Molds usually thrive on moisture and can grow quite quickly if they are not controlled at an earlier stage.
The damp areas of the home where there is a lot of moisture are the perfect breeding grounds for molds. For instance, the shower and bathrooms are an ideal place for mold formation. Moreover, basements, attics and crawl spaces within floors or walls are also among the spots where molds are most commonly found in the home.
At Bibi Construction, we can offer you unparalleled services for mold removal. Our experts have experience of removing molds in a safe and secure manner from the usual as well as the hard-to-reach places of the home. They can get this job done within a single day!
Remove Asbestos, Lead, or Mold From Your Home or Office
Removing asbestos, lead or mold from offices and homes is a specialized process. Only a professional contractor can be trusted with the task of removal of these hazardous materials.
We, at Bibi Construction Inc, are considered as the leaders in the mold and asbestos remediation industry. Our reputation is built upon providing excellent services to our clients. For the past 10 years, our experts have been offering unmatched services for removing asbestos, lead and mold from homes and offices. You can trust us for ridding your home of these contaminants and hazardous chemicals once and for all!